Construction photos, November 2020
Varenita of Westlake is an innovative senior living village addressing the lack of assisted living communities in the prestigious Westlake Hills neighborhood. Griffin Living is honored to partner with the City of Thousand Oaks, the Thousand Oaks Council of Aging, and the local homeowners’ association to develop world-class senior living residences that will bolster the Westlake Hills community.
"This is a classic case study of how to do it right."– Andy Fox, Mayor, Thousand Oaks, CA
Varenita of Westlake was designed with unique elegance and architectural depth to offer a distinctive senior living experience. The community will include sweeping courtyards, meticulous landscaping, wide setbacks, and modern design themes to appeal to residents and neighbors alike. "Griffin has been extremely good partners," said Linda Spencer, president of the Westlake Hills Property Owners Association. "They’ve listened to any kind of concern any residents had ... and the attention to detail in regard to the aesthetic of the property—anything I can think of that anybody ever brought up as a concern, they’ve addressed."
Read more about the project:
- Developer: Griffin Living
- Architect: Irwin Partners Architects
- Funding Partner: An Affiliate LLC of Canyon Partners Real Estate, LLC
- Construction Lender : Farmers and Merchants Bank
- Property type: Assisted Living | Memory Care
- Assisted Living Units: 58
- Memory Care Units: 28
- Gross Building Area: 77,096 sq. ft.
- Rentable Area: 43,983 sq. ft.
- Status: Under Construction